Ticking Down to My Target Weight!

Monday, June 28, 2010

We Must Remember....It's a Journey!

Well, it's about 10:00 pm on a Monday night. 

All the kiddos are tucked into bed. 
Bill is away on his Worship Retreat.

And I sit...listening to the sound of the air conditioners...that I could not hear all day because of the constant rumble of little munchkins
trying to occupy themselves as Mommy 
tried to get hold of her thoughts
and make sense of HOW to 
go about turning your life upside down...and packing to move. =)

Let's see...how many times in the past have I done this? 
Well...moved from Nashville to Northern Virginia just Bill and I. Not too bad.

Moved from McLean to Fair Oaks...just Bill and I. Not too bad. I do remember the horrible job of CLEANING the condo when we moved OUT to go to 
the COTTAGE in Oakton...again, just Bill and I. 

We were 10 years without children. 

I remember arriving at the little teeny tiny cottage and spending our first night LITERALLY surrounded by boxes that touched the ceiling. I remember our dear friend, Joe, eating smoked salmon and crackers on fold up chairs in the center of this towering fortress around us. = )

Then we moved from the cottage to our townhome at Penwith in Chantilly. I was pregnant with Caela. This began the moves where my parents...poor dears...came EACH TIME and literally spent 2 to 3 days just throwing things in boxes to move us. 

Cottage to Penwith...

Penwith to Centreville (a rental when I was pregnant with Daniel)...

Centreville to Bristow...

Bristow to Roanoke (I was pregnant with Gracie)...

Roanoke to Christiansburg (Gracie was a wee baby)...and OH!! THE STUFF!!!  

Ah...those were the days! Packing and moving while being PREGNANT! UGH! 

Now, it's no pregnancies, no husband around, and 5 children fluttering about like fireflies. = ) 

Moving is not one of my favorite things to do AT ALL!!! But I know it's up there on everyone's LEAST FAVORITE jobs to do. 
So, you ask, why am I sharing about MOVING on my Little Lambie Girl blog? 

WELL....because since April 23rd, when Bill was released from his job with DSS, I have been in a limbo state...and my exercise routine, chocolate and coffee intake...and healthy diet have all pretty much gone out the window.

I know, it happens to the best of us, right? But when we fall off the horse we NEED to get right back up again! 

I know that the reason I'm struggling so much with focus and getting things done in a productive way right now with this move is because my body is just not happy. As my friend, Amy, says..."Choose Freedom" and I haven't been doing that the last two months and I'm feeling it! 

I had been praying for weeks for my hubby, Bill. I was seeking the Lord diligently for Bill to lead him to a place of being able to have an exercise routine, eat better, drink less cokes...WELL!! He has answered ALL of these prayers and I look at the energy, the focus, and the productivity in my hubby and know that that's where I was 2 months ago. 

Like I shared in my Post Title...We must remember it's a Journey!!! 

We will have Life come in and rearrange our priorities, our focus, our schedule...etc. We WILL FALL! We WILL have detours in our diet, exercise, schedule...and after we realize..."OH MY! THIS is why I'm feeling the way I do! This is why I'm so tired! This is why I feel sluggish and grumpy and impatient!" 

The Lord made our bodies to function with the right fuel...the right amount of sleep...intake of water...vitamins...disciplines...and when those get all out of wack when LIFE takes a new turn ...there are some that are REALLY SET in their disciplines and there are others of us who have to struggle harder to maintain those disciplines...and it just takes longer to reach the same desired goals. 

Food, exercise, sleep, disciplines...all work together to bring balance and LIFE! We need to be lifting each other up in prayer on our journeys and trusting that as we take 4 steps back and 2 steps forward that ONE DAY we will reach the "GOAL". 

My heart is to one day be FULLY consistant, disciplined, and steadfast in each of these areas of my life. I know that as a mom of little ones and multiple children it's harder to accomplish this, but I WANT TO! 

"Jesus, strengthen your little lambie girl and all my other lambie girl friends out there who want to live out the verse, 'I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment