Ticking Down to My Target Weight!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Man does not live by bread alone..." - Post #2


Look at what the Lord made...fresh...beautiful...desirous.


Look at what man made...ugly, processed, needing to be packaged. 

I have been going through a process in this FASTING journey. I picked up this book several months ago and just started reading it again yesterday. In the second chapter it talks about 

"King Stomach."

This is my WORST enemy in this journey to not only FASTING, 
but in my journey towards health and wholeness. 

I started my journey April 12. It is now over a month later and I feel I have taken 2 steps forward and 10 steps back. 

I know that we are in a HUGE life change process, the kids have JUST gotten out for the summer, and we just came out of a 10 day stint of rain..which ALWAYS brings me down. But sometimes I feel like I should be stronger than I truly am in regards to the area of food. 


But ....I'm NOT! = ) 


During this time of discernment and seeking after the Lord for provision and direction I had sensed Him calling me to Fast. I was able to press in for a week. Not a full fast, but for all day and eat after 5 pm. Then some days I felt released to just eat normally as a break. 


Now I find myself wrestling with every moment of the day to keep food from entering my mouth! = ) And it's not just sweets, but whatever is available. 


I feel defeated, tired, overwhelmed, and irritable. 


I know the Lord is faithful and GRACIOUS, but I'm frustrated that my true heart's desire is to have my eating under the submission of the Lord as in everything else ...and the precious honoring of Him with what I CHOOSE to put in my body...."Present your bodies as living sacrifices unto the Lord" and I am saddened daily...hourly...minutely that it SEEMS my desire is NOT for my Lord and honoring Him, but for FOOD and that instant gratification. 


I know this is a journey. I know "His grace is sufficient" and I know "I can do ALL things through Christ that strengthens me"...but I also know that I am a weak and fragile flesh that must bring all things captive under the Lordship of Christ. 


I pray that one day my "thorn" will be ripped from my side to expose the freedom of life without this madness, but for now, it is an challenge and a focus to wrestle within for the throne of my life to have Jesus FULLY ENTHRONED on my life in EVERY AREA...


I ask for your prayers and I pray that by my weakness you will be encouraged that you are not alone in this FIGHT! That in our weakness He is STRONG!!! 


Thank you, Jesus, for this INCREDIBLE promise!!! 


I leave you with this remembrance:




It was in the LAST SUPPER...the last MEAL He shared with His disciples...that He said, 

"DO THIS in remembrance of Me...and Love one another as I have loved you." 

To eat unto the Lord is what we hunger to do, not unto our flesh. 

He will give us our desire as we continue to delight ourselves in Him and
lay our lives before Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment