Ticking Down to My Target Weight!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DAY TWO:

One thing I realized today is that when you come out of a "Season" of Burnout and Depression it's like learning how to walk again. You need to learn how to live differently. You don't want to go back to the GO! GO! GO! that brought you to the dreadful place you've been in, but you also don't want to remain in a state of limbo. It's like having had crutches and learning how to straighten up and walk productively, consistantly, and joyfully...in other words, 
the way God truly intended His little Lambies to LIVE.

My LIFE verse has always been...

"I have come that they might have LIFE and have it ABUNDANTLY"...John 10:10. 

Today, as the girls and I were taking our walk, I stopped to take the above pic. This lovely little dandelion growing out of the cement! This is life in Christ! Out of the barren soil comes LIFE...comes the IMPOSSIBLE, comes BEAUTY from ASHES! 


Today, I really struggled to remain consistant and focused. I had a rough start! But by the end of the day I was VERY ENCOURAGED that I was able to keep to most of my daily goals! 


Weight (taken Mondays):

April 12, 2010...200 lbs

Time with Jesus:

Today I was sandwiched in bed between Gracie and Liliana at 6:00. = ) Again, I offered my day to Jesus! Tonight I did a grocery run and had some alone time after I got the kids from school cleaning the kitchen and was able to have some one on one. But still not focused "word" time!


Exercise Accomplished:

Did my arm weight work. The girls and I went on a spontaneous walk on The Huckleberry Trail today! YAY! GORGEOUS DAY! As I said, my day started ROUGH! The girls and I laid around until about 11:30 and then started to be productive. We roped Gramma into our walk and along the way we saw this:



And this:


Spring in Blacksburg is AMAZING! I got a good 45 minutes in with lots of hills and pushing both Gracie and Liliana in the stroller! 



What I Ate Today:


Another encouraging day! 

~ Had my two cups of coffee...stretched to about 3! 
~ No sodas...and drank water.

Breakfast: Had a peanut butter and peach jam sandwich with Ezekiel bread! Have you ever had this?WOW!


Lunch: 2 scrambled eggs


Choco Snack: 1:30, 4 chocolate orange slices from Mr. Chang. = ) 


Afternoon snack: baked potato with some salsa

Dinner: YUM! YUM! My own concoction called Curry Rice with Black Beans



Is that not AMAZING looking! I'll share the story behind my new "Rice and Beans" fun in another post. But, suffice it to say, the kids LOVED IT! 



 Here is Liliana chowin' down on the rice...then asking me for "more" on MY plate. When I wouldn't give her mine, she reached over and grabbed Isabella's and then below she is making sure she gets it in before someone takes her last bite! SO FUNNY!!! Definitely a keeper!




Night time snack: Last night I had 1/2 cup of cole slaw, tonight I'm having a small apple and tbsp. of pb.

Again, my goal is to scale down slowly to gluten - free, minimal meats, and minimal to no dairy. My desire also is to bring my family to this as well. 




Did I Stick to My Routine?:

My routine today was to get my kitchen FUNCTIONING! Ever have your kitchen in such a wreck you can't even find more than a circle of space to do anything! I confess! = ) So I put the kids to work after school and had the older ones "babysit" the younger ones and I spent an hour cleaning! Also, wanted to get Bill's shirts ironed...DONE!

 
Cleaning Accomplished for Today:

Tuesdays - no regular cleaning.


My Ponderings for the Day: 

So after a rough start I got the main important things DONE! YAY! Diet and Exercise in! Time with the kiddlings and was able to press out of the morning funk.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Day!! Yay yay yay!!!

    Love your sweet kiddles pics here.. so so fun! You can tell they are the lights of your life :)

    Here is to a victorious 3rd Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAY THREE! ....BRING IT ON! = ) ...only with Your help, though, Lord Jesus. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you did great! I thought the same as you when I took a walk the first time after months and months. We are here to encourage you.

    I walked 30 minutes at a fast pace. I joined my 3rd graders class project "mileage club" the kids log 30 mins of walking, but if they get a family member they get double the points for their prize at the end of the week.

    Here's the catch, if I don't complete the lap by the time she blows the whistle, it doesn't count!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beautiful, Tiara!

    Your "club" sounds AWESOME! AND time with the kiddos! I'm so enjoying "being with the kiddos" when I exercise. I'm looking forward to summer when we can get back to doing the Huckleberry Trail with all the kids on their bikes for 6 miles and me with the stroller! HUGE WORKOUT! = )

    Much love, Ladies!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete